A good portion of my life has been spent playing the piano for everyone else's diva moments. Now it's my turn. I invite you to accompany ME through my life's diva and, well, not so diva-like moments. It'll be entertaining. Promise.



Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Wonderful World

Well, it just so happens that my family is all still in bed and I'm awake...how nice is that?!  It was a beautiful nights sleep.  Went to bed at 9, woke up at 5 to feed the girl, got my grocery shopping done at 6 and went for an amazingly cool morning walk for the 2nd of June. 

So yesterday began the start of hurricane season.  Call me a freak, but I somewhat enjoy the excitement of hurricane season.  I love to see the hurricanes spin on satellite imagery.  I know I will not feel this way if a hurricane affected my family personally, but as that has not happened yet, I continue to enjoy watching these incredible forces of nature. 

This month also marks the one year countdown for our semi-annual family vacation to Boise and the Oregon Coast.  Mmmm, I can smell the ocean already.  See, even though I live right next to an ocean (well, alright a gulf), the Gulf Coast and the Pacific Coast are WAY different.  You can probably tell from the pictures.


 See?

Gulf Coast = warm, humid, palm trees, humid, warm, all year round humid and warm

Pacific Coast = cold, clear, forestry, clear, cold, all year round clear and cold

I grew up around the second one, and I've lived for 10 years now near the first one.  Vastly different, but each beautiful in it's own way.  Never thought I would get used to the humidity, but now when I visit the northwest it feels like a nice warm blanket has been taken off of me and I want it back on!!

Heavenly Father's creations are all simply amazing, and I love different parts of each of them.  (Alright, minus the roaches, spiders, snakes, mosquitoes, etc.)  But these two pictures remind me...what a wonderful world!

1 comment: