A good portion of my life has been spent playing the piano for everyone else's diva moments. Now it's my turn. I invite you to accompany ME through my life's diva and, well, not so diva-like moments. It'll be entertaining. Promise.



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Year...

Tomorrow I turn 36.  There is nothing special about turning 36.  No five or ten year milestone, and no over-the-hillness yet (although it's creeping up far too quickly for me).  It's just....thirty-six.   So, what am I going to do with this 36th year of my life, you ask?  So glad you asked...lemme tell ya.

#1.  I'm going to watch and marvel at my kids turning another year older themselves - 10, 3, and 1.

#2.  I'm going to experience my first Time-Out for Women.  That's right, not for toddlers, for women!

#3.  I'm going to master Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" moves on my Wii Country Dance.   

#4.  I'm going to finish my afghan.....ok, ok, I will finish 2/3rds of my afghan....maybe.  (It's only been 15 years since I started).  (I'm in no rush).  (I intend it to be used in my coffin).

#5.  I'm going to stop eating chocolate chips for snacks and move onto something more nutritious, like chocolate covered pretzels or chocolate covered peanuts, or chocolate covered peanut butter or a whole freaking bag of Reeses..........ok.  i'm done now.  just had to get that off my chest.  chocolate is the devil.  amen.

Yeah, so the whole goal motiff is getting depressing.  Lets move onto Easter outfits.  Now, I was sitting there rocking my little lady Rebekah today and thinking about Easter outfits for my girls.  Here is what crossed my mind in the span of, oh, about ten seconds...

"Oh, crap, it's Easter on Sunday and I don't have Easter dresses for the girls.  Do I need new Easter dresses for the girls?  Who came up with the whole 'have to have a new, springy, cutsy, pastel dress on Easter Sunday, preferably with a matching bonnet' theme?  Obviously someone who loves shopping for clothes and has way too much time and money on their hands.  So why don't I want to get cute, matching Easter dresses for my girls?  Grandmas would love to see cute pictures of cute girls in cute matching Easter dresses...It's not that I can't afford them...I could...but do I want to spend that money on cute new dresses they don't need?  NO!  I don't want to spend my money on cute matching Easter dresses!  And do I love to shop for cute matching Easter dresses?  NO! Oh, do I feel like the Easter grinch now... 

Ah, another depressing topic.  Moving on to the last, more pleasant thought of the day...

Oh, yeah....It's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow! 
ok, I give up.

1 comment:

  1. DA QUITA!!!!!! What a fun new blog. Love your thoughts...random as they may be. Reminds of someone. Oh, right. ME! Hope you have a wonderfully fantastic birthday, and eat all the CHOCOLATE covered _______ you want. I love you!

    ReplyDelete