A good portion of my life has been spent playing the piano for everyone else's diva moments. Now it's my turn. I invite you to accompany ME through my life's diva and, well, not so diva-like moments. It'll be entertaining. Promise.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Becoming

I went to a convention last weekend called Time Out for Women in San Antonio.  It was awesome.  Sheri Dew was the keynote speaker and I love that woman.  She gives the most powerful talks that I connect to everytime. 

The theme of the conference was "Choose to Become".  They asked us to pick one are of our life where we wanted to 'become' a little better.  I chose to focus on becoming a better mom.  Well.  Can I just say that the adversary must have called a pow-wow with all of his followers within the 24 hours of me being home and focused on this 'becoming'?!  HelLOOO!!  Can we say, attack of the terror child?!  In the form of a cute two-and-a-half year old boy who has suddenly turned into broken record, whining, time-out is my best friend little monster?!  Oh my goodness.  I have high hopes that in 42 days, 7 hours, and 31 minutes when he turns 3, that my little monster will take the form of a smiling and pleasant toddler. 

Now, lest you think I live with a little hellion 24/7, let me reassure you that we do have our good moments.  Just tonight, he cuddled on my lap while I sang to him after being very cute helping me read 3 stories before bedtime.  I love times like that.  They make up for the Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, ad nauseum in the car, and the  But, WHY?!  (in the whiniest voice possible of course followed by fake cries) that I hear at least 20 times a day. 

Raising kids is hard.  It's definitely NOT all roses.  Sometimes I wonder how we'll all ever survive when I'm looking at a pee-filled, dissasembled pull-up scattered all over the bathroom floor.  But, we do, and we rejoice in the good moments.  Like watching his big 'ol smile as he runs to me from the troll bridge. 

Even with the opposing forces, this is one battle I will win.  Just need those little time outs every now and then...

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written Da! Next time mommy, mommy, mommy won't stop, just turn him upside down...then it will be wowwy, wowwy, wowwy.

    ReplyDelete