A good portion of my life has been spent playing the piano for everyone else's diva moments. Now it's my turn. I invite you to accompany ME through my life's diva and, well, not so diva-like moments. It'll be entertaining. Promise.



Friday, June 10, 2011

Presenting...



The Biggest Tree In Texas!!


They are not sitting on The Biggest Tree In Texas.  It was all fenced off.  But this is a pretty cool one right by The Biggest Tree In Texas.


Just hangin' on a tree next to The Biggest Tree In Texas.


The requisite family shot in front of The Biggest Tree In Texas.  Little man in front is none too happy about all the picture taking.  Best line of the day came from his sister upon seeing The Biggest Tree In Texas for the first time (cue pre-teen nonchalance coolness):  "Well, it's not that big."


She sure was a good sport for the picture taking though.  Always gotta be holding up her treasure for the camera, that one.  In this case it was a fake Oreo (Walmart brand, thank you very much Schweets :)


Do you love the diaper bag taking center stage in the photo?!  Obviously, I need some tutelage from my good friend Tiff, whose amazing work you can view here.

We had a fun little outing to Goose Island State Park on Memorial Day weekend, where, in case you haven't figured out yet, the Biggest Tree In Texas is located.  Always fun to get away with the fam for a little FFF.  (Forced Family Fun).  Dad always used to call it that as we grew up and started rolling our eyes at family outings.  We really loved it though. 

I love my family (immediate and extended) and all of the cool things I have been able to see throughout my life because of my dad's and husband's professions.  Dad was in the Air Force and I grew up getting to see so many amazing sites in Europe.  Salzburg and Garmisch are two that really stand out as incredibly beautiful places that I want to take my own family to someday.  I have been lucky enough to go on an incredible journey (wink, wink, schweets :) with my husband as he has pursued his career and have really gained a love for the southern part of this country.  OK, there are parts of it I can't stand (can you say Arizona cactus), but there are so many more parts I love.  Each new place has its own character and feel.  The people in each place are unique.  I love the spanish moss hanging from the huge, old, beautiful oak trees in Baton Rouge.  I love that the people there think they are in God's chosen country and anything west of Nachitotches is not.  (No, I'm being serious.  They really do, and I really love that!  Totally cracks me up!)  I love the warm hospitality we experienced in Arizona.  I love how the Relief Society Presidency was on our doorstep with a treat in hand before we had even been in the apartment 2 hours.  I love the food in Texas.  Oh, how I love the food.  I love that my Texas friends cook up BBQ for birthday parties, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and pretty much any other celebration that requires food.  I love that I have lived in my home in Texas longer than any home in my whole life.  (6 years!)  I love the HUMIDITY!!  (Can't believe I just typed that, but there it is!)

Most of all, I just love being with my family and experiencing it all with them.  They are the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment